Veterans and Military Resources
General Services Information
- Veterans Crisis Line - Are you a Veteran in crisis or concerned about one?
- Joint Services Support – Advocate for National Guard Service Members, Families and Veterans.
- Transition Assistance Advisors – Transition Assistance Advisors work with other Joint Forces Headquarters staff members and Directors of State Family Programs to build a state network of support with Veterans Affairs and community organizations for Service members and their families to acces in their community.
- Army Reserve Family Programs – Army Reserve Family Programs (ARFP) is a comprehensive blend of quality of life programs in support of Department of Defense activities. 24/7 outreach and support to servicemembers and their families for a variety of needs: Temporary Housing, Emergency Funds, Disaster Relief, Debt Management, Emergency Home Repair, Assistance with locating nearest installation, and Separation or Coping issues, among others. Hotline: 866-345-8248
- Army Emergency Relief – AER is the Army's own emergency financial assistance organization and is dedicated to "Helping the Army Take Care of its Own."
- Air Force Aide Society – The Air Force Aid Society is here to help you on the path to long-term financial stability.
- Navy/Marine Corps Relief Society – The mission of the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society is to provide, in partnership with the Navy and Marine Corps, financial, educational, and other assistance to members of the Naval Service to the United States, eligble family members, and survivors when in need; and to receive and manage funds to administer these programs.
- Coast Guard Mutual Assistance – The CGMA strives to promote financial stability and general well-being of the clients/customers it serves.
- Military One Source – Military One Source provides helpful tools to plan for deployment and secure your family, education and employment resources to achieve your goals, employment and education opportunities to advance your career, resilience tools, private support, confidential non-medical counseling, free tax services, financial counseling, and other consultations from experts in military life.
- Angels of Mercy Program – Serving wounded Military and the families at Walter Reed Army Medical Center & National Naval Medical Center; Providing assistance to combate suport hospitals in Zone; and Clothing and School supplies for Afghan and Iraqi children.
- Yellow Ribbon Foundation – Fulfilling the unment needs (medical, education, food, shelter, clothing) of those who have served in the United States military.
- Operation Home Front – Provides critical financial assistance, transitional housing programs, permanent housing, caregiver support services, and recurring family support services to overcome the short-term bumps before they become long-term chronic problems.
- Joint Family Resource Center – Advocate for National Guard Service Members, Families, and Veterans.
- Operation Purple – Operation Purple programs include free summer camp for military children, family retreats, healing adventures, and "buddy" camp
- Operation Military Kids Pennsylvania – Strives to provide support to children who have at least one parent currently serving in either the National Guard, Reserve, or Active Duty componenent of the military through various programs during this difficult time.
- Pennsylvania Military Family Relief Assistance Program – Provides financial assistance, in the form of grants, to eligible Pennsylvania service members and their eligible family members.
- Unmet Needs – Works to help America's military families who have run into unexpected financial difficulties as a result of deployment or other military-related activity or injury. The program provides financial aid grants of up to $1,500 to assist with basic life needs.
- Children of Fallen Soldiers – The mission of Children of Fallen Soldiers is to help military children and disabled/wounded veterans.
- Post 9/11 GI Bill - Information and resources about the Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Financial Aid for Spouses – A compilation of financial aid resources for military spouses.
- National Military Family Association Spouse Scholarships and Careers – NMFA offers information and resources to held military spouses fund their educational, career, and business goals.
- Blue Star Families – Founded to empower military familiies to thrive as they service through connection with their neighbors to create vibrant communities of mutual support.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Support and assistance for military personnel, veterans and their families 1-800-273-8255
- TRICARE – Healthcare program for uniformed service members, retirees, and their families. TRICARE provides comprehensive coverage to all beneficiers, including: Health Plans, Special Programs, Prescriptions, Dental Plans, and More.
- Hero Miles – Provides round-trip airline tickets to wounded, injured, and ill services members and/or their families who are undergoing treatment at a military or VA medical center; or who are attending an authorized event. Flights are made possible through frequent flyer mile donations made by individual airline passengers
- National Resource Directory – Engage with programs for Service Members and Veterans across the Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs, other U.S. Government Agencies, and associated organizations.
- Wounded Warrior Resource Center – Serving injured post 9/11 veterans.
- Blinded Veterans Association – Providing help and assistance to those who lost their eyesight in the line of duty.
- Yellow Ribbon Fund – Founded to serve injured service memebrs as they return from Iraq and Afghanistan.
- VA Home Loans – Working to help Servicemembers, Veterans, and eligible suriving spouses become homeowners.
- Fisher House – Builds comfort homes where military & veterans families can stay free of charge, while a loved one is in the hospital.
- Homes for Our Troops – Homes for Our Troops is motivated to build and donate speciailly adapted custom homes nationwide for severly injured post-9/11 Veterans, to enable them to rebuild their lives.
- Hope NOW – A non-profit effort between counselors, mortgage compaies, investors, regulators and other mortgage market participants to support home preservation activities.
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling – The Nation's largest and longest-serving nonprofit financial counseling organization.
- Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education – Ensuring the highest level of knowledge, skill and integrity of the personal finance profession by certifying, connecting, and supporting diverse professionals who serve communities worldwide.
- MILSpouse – Employment, education, and relocation resources just for military spouses.
- Commonwealth Workforce Development System – A partnership of the Departments of Labor & Industry and Human Services
- Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts – A workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses.
- Army Spouse Employment Partnership – Resources for Army Spouse Employment
- Survivor Outreach Services – Offers surviving family members access to support, information, and services, closes to where you live, when you need it an for as long as you need it.
- Gold Star Wives – Preserving and enhancing benefits to surviving United States Military spoues and their children; helping their members and their children face the future with courage and determination, and to honor the memory of our military spouses who made the ultiamte sacrifice.
- Survivors Benefit Plan – Provides eligible beneficiares with an "annuity," a monthly payment for the lifetime of the beneficiary.